The Personal Group is a trading style of Personal Group Holdings plc and its subsidiary companies. The Personal Group of Companies is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018.
The Personal Group takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This policy explains how the companies in the group collect information and what we use the information about you for.
The information we hold is collected and managed by the following companies –
- Personal Assurance Services Limited – collect your information provided through our corporate website.
- Personal Management Solutions Limited – is passed your data when you request product information, make a contact request, or register for an event
All of the companies have the same registered office which is John Ormond House, 899 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes MK9 3XL. For any questions about how your data is used you can contact us on 01908 605000.
Personal Assurance Services Limited oversees all of the data management within the Personal Group to ensure that we comply with this policy and the data protection rules.
The personal information we collect and hold
When you visit our corporate website (personalgroup.com) we may collect the following information:
- IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet)
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information (including health related data) relating to a claim you wish to make on your Plan(s) or the Plan(s) of an eligible child or information (including health related data) you submit on behalf of another Plan holder who wishes to make a claim on their plan(s).
How we use the information we collect
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to contact you for market research purposes we may contact you by email, phone, or mail
- to customise the website according to your interests
- to set up your claim, the claim of an eligible child or to set up the claim of another Plan holder – we will pass the information you submit via our site to other companies within the Personal Group of Companies to notify and set up your/an eligible child’s/another Plan holder’s claim, this includes providing information to underwriters and other Group companies who assist in the administration and performance of the contract of insurance.
How long will we hold your personal information
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to have us rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website, look for the box that you can click to indicate if you wish for that information to be used for marketing purposes
- You can opt out by unsubscribing from the communication you receive by unsubscribing here.
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
When you visit the Sites we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords are not stored in cookies.
Please note, that if you set your browser to reject cookies your experience of this website may be impacted.
Anonymous Site Statistics
We may automatically collect non-personal information such as the type of internet browsers being used to view our Site. You will not be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this Site.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact;
The Data Protection Officer (Personal Group)
John Ormond House
899 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
Telephone 01908 605000
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Personal Group are based in Milton Keynes and processes all data in accordance with UK data protection laws.