Our purpose is helping to Protect the Unprotected and this is something that expands outside of our day-to-day work. We are focused on investing in our people and providing the support they need both inside and outside of work. Our offering is designed for lower income categories and to create meaningful positive social impact. The business has supported vulnerable people within our local community and beyond for many years now, and helping others, not just financially but by dedicating time, is something we take great pride in.
To ensure that our business has a positive social impact on the communities where we trade and that Personal Group is an employer that strives to offer opportunity to people of all backgrounds.
- Pledge at least 1% of EBITDA with annual minimum of £100k to PACT (Personal Assurance Charitable Trust) per year which will increase funding with profitability.
- Maintaining our long-term pledge to our school project in Kenya (Memusi) and to increase the time-sharing given back to our local community through volunteering and community action.
- Continue working towards equal gender representation at each level in the organisation, maintaining the split at senior level and improving in more junior roles.
- To reflect the ethnic mix of the communities in which we are based, improving our outreach, ensuring our recruitment/talent management approach is inclusive and accessible.
Progress in 2021
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Group.
- The Group continues to develop its employee proposition, ensuring that its benefits remain competitive and that we remain an employer of choice.
- PACT donation made in line with target.
- Flexible/hybrid working for employees.
- Nomination Committee.