Frequently Asked Questions
I have received a call that claims to be from Personal Group - is this genuine?
- Yes, our Employee Engagement Executives are currently contacting groups of customers. If you are unsure please ask the caller to provide YOU with YOUR policy number to validate this.
Will my Hospital Plan cover me if I am diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Yes, you are covered for two outpatient appointments at hospital per plan year, subject to available entitlement.
- Yes, you are covered from your first night in hospital anywhere in the world for accidents or illness. Benefits are payable for a maximum of 730 nights.
Will my Convalescence Plan cover me if I am diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Yes, a benefit is payable if you have been signed off work by a doctor to allow you to recover from Coronavirus (COVID-19) immediately following a period of inpatient treatment. Please note you must have been admitted before midnight and discharged after 6am the next day. A fit note confirming your diagnosis will be required in order to make a claim.
Will my Death Benefit Plan cover me if I were to die of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Yes, in the unfortunate event of death from Coronavirus (COVID-19), the death benefit payment would be payable. However, please note that pre-existing conditions are not covered in this Plan for the first 12 months of cover. If cause of death is related to a pre-existing condition then the policy will not pay.
If I am diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19) and treated at an NHS designated treatment centre (not an existing hospital), am I covered?
- There is no exclusion on your plan in respect of Coronavirus(COVID-19) or any other pandemic condition so, subject to meeting the standard criteria of the policy, you will be covered.
Can I claim if I self-isolate for coronavirus (COVID-19) but do not attend hospital?
- No, our Hospital Plan allows for two outpatient visit claims per year or overnight stays only.
Will my policy lapse if I am off work and not being paid?
If you are off work due to illness or self-isolation and plan to return to work in the near future please contact us on Premium.Collections@personalgroup.com and we will work with you to ensure your cover stays in place.
How do I make a claim if I cannot get to the post office?
- To make a claim, please use the web form or contact the Customer Relations Team on 0800 542 5930 or email email@example.com and they will take you through the next steps and send you a claim form. Claims can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does my plan year start?
Your plan year starts and renews each year on the commencement date of your individual plan(s). This is the date you signed up.
Please be aware that any additional policies that you may have will start on their own commencement date - this may be different to previous policies you have taken out.
What does double first night mean?
Your chosen benefit amount is paid at double for the first night you spend overnight in hospital, for every new condition.
How long will my claim payment take to clear into my account?
It can take approximately three to five working days for the funds to clear into your account from the payment date.
How to request a claim form?
Call 0800 542 5930 – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
Alternatively you can email us at moc/puorglanosrep//mrc (Please ensure you include your name, date of birth and full address in the email) or start the process online here.
What can I use for confirmation of attendance?
It is possible to use any of the following as confirmation of attendance.
- Appointment letter, stamped or signed by someone at the hospital on or after the day of your appointment.
- Attendance slip
- Results letter confirming date of appointment
- Discharge documents
Where do I return my claim form to?
Please return the claim form and supporting documentation to the below address;
Personal Group, John Ormond House, 899 Silbury Blvd, Milton Keynes, MK9 3XL
Please ensure that the correct postage has been paid.
How long does the claims process take?
We aim to assess your claim within 2-3 days of receiving the completed form and supporting documentation.
How can I cancel?
Call 0800 542 5930 – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm
It is also possible to use the contact form or email moc/puorglanosrep//mrc us (Please ensure you include your name, date of birth and full address in the email)
Why are my premiums still being deducted if I cancelled?
Our clerks make contact with your payroll department to ask them to stop taking deductions when a cancellation request is received. We do not have control over the payments made and it is your payroll’s responsibility to cease making deductions.
Depending on payroll cut-off dates deductions may continue for a short period after the cancellation date. A refund of any overpaid premium will be made to you once your payroll confirm deductions have stopped. If deductions continue a further request can be sent to payroll if you contact us.
How do I raise a concern?
We’re really sorry that you are unhappy with Personal Group. We want to make it simple for you to raise your concerns with us and make sure that you’re satisfied with how your complaint is handled.
You can contact us:
In writing: Customer Relations Team, Personal Group, John Ormond House, 899 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3XL
By telephone: 0800 542 5930 – Monday-Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
By email: moc/puorglanosrep//mrc
How long will it take?
We aim to resolve your complaint as soon as we can, so when you contact us, it would be useful if you could confirm your preferred means of contact and times you will be available, and we will do our best to meet these.
If we have been unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will normally send you a written response letter acknowledging your complaint within five days but at the end of four weeks we hope we will have answered your concerns.
If we are unable to respond fully at this stage, we will write to you to advise the reasons for the delay, and when we expect to reach a conclusion.
If your complaint is particularly complex, it may take longer to resolve, but we must send you a Final Response within eight weeks of receiving your complaint. If we have not responded to you by this stage, you are entitled to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your complaint.
If we can’t reach agreement
You may refer your unresolved complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for its consideration if you are unhappy with our Final Response. Their contact details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9ST
Tel: 0800 023 4567 – calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines
0300 123 9123 – calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 or 02 numbers.
You must refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of our Final Response.
Our commitment to you
We are committed to resolving your complaint fairly and quickly, by listening to your concerns and agreeing a solution with you. Please let us know as soon as possible if we fail to meet your expectations.
Click here to see our latest Complaint Data.
*Please note that the Financial Ombudsman Service review complaints in relation to regulated products and will therefore be unable to investigate concerns if relating to our Benefit platform, E-vouchers and Reloadable Cards.