Tips for a budget friendly Christmas
Posted on 15 December 2023
Whether you celebrate Christmas or just enjoy the extra holiday break, December can be a tough month financially. Here are some simple tips to help you make smart money choices this holiday season.
- Be a savvy shopper: Consider subscribing to newsletters from preferred retailers, and following brands on social media for exclusive promotions. Keep an eye on flash sales and daily deal websites to ensure you get the best deals. While seeking discounts, remember to plan, compare prices, and be cautious of potential scams, ensuring that you purchase from reputable sources.
- Use your Hapi discounts: Using your discounts to buy eVouchers and gift cards is a great way to save! Did you know you can combine retailer sales and promotions with your Hapi discounts? These eVouchers also make great Christmas presents – this gives recipients with the flexibility to choose exactly what they want, ensuring that the gift is both thoughtful and practical.
- Get creative: Take the time to make personalised gifts, from decorations to baked goods. This not only saves money but also lets you use forgotten craft supplies.
- Manage your time: Instead of rushing to buy all your presents at once, plan who you'll see first during the Christmas period. If you won't see some family until early January, consider buying their gifts during post-Christmas sales or re-gift something you received this year. This not only saves time but also helps you stick to your budget.
- Consider second-hand: Save money and be eco-friendly by buying second-hand items from places like eBay, vinted or charity shops.
- Use what you have: Before buying new things, check what you already have in your wardrobe or for decorations. Rediscover old items, and if you feel creative, update an old outfit for a new look.
By following these tips, you can potentially save money not only during Christmas but also throughout the year, applying them to different celebrations and events.